Well, the last of blog posts the last week means that there has been a lack of training for the race. Leave it to me to come up with a variety of excuses why I couldn't work out ... many of them due to an overly busy social life (I know, tough, right?!). Although I do swear that I got in 3 sessions with my trainer last week. Anyways, I realized today that not only did I need to get back into training because well, I had to, but also because I needed a good burst of energy. I've in a weird funk of a mood the last few days and I know how great working out makes me feel. There's nothing like a good, hard workout to get your blood moving and get a little burst of confidence. Of course I happened to pick today's bike workout to get back into things - one legged drills. 10 minute warm up followed by 40 minutes of alternating 1-leg spin sessions. I forgot how challenging it was to work one leg for that long ... as well as the fact that my left leg is significantly stronger. I do have to admit that I feel pretty great after the workout. Definitely glad to get back in the swing of things again!
Daily Biking Miles: 12
Total Biking Miles: 30
No comments:
Post a Comment