Is it sad that I started thinking of the title for this posting before I even started the workout? I did my fair share of fartlek runs when I was training for my half marathon so when I saw today's workout on my training schedule, I was less than pleased. They're killer, basically a speed workout in the middle of a good distance run. I knew I had to work out with Keren after work and was hoping to get out to the track to get in this run. The weather gods were not in support of that decision so after an extremely tough leg workout, I was forced to run on the treadmill. I started off with the thought that I was only going to have the energy to walk and maybe jog during the fartlek part. However, after a 5 minute walking warm-up, I decided to give the jog a try ... and amazingly was able to run for the full 45 minutes! I haven't been able to run that long in a while, I was so excited! Sure, the tortoise may have run past me a few times (I was going THAT slow) but at least I was moving faster than a walk! I even felt great during the fartleks - picked it up to a pretty fast pace and ran the full 40 seconds each time, instead of cutting the time short. On another positive note, the shin feels good - the compression sleeves that Cara recommended are pretty amazing. Sure, I look silly with big, black sleeves on my legs but they sure do help. Definitely felt good after today's workout - looking forward to keeping that momentum going!
Daily running miles: 3
Total running miles: 8
No comments:
Post a Comment