Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Holy Hot!


Well, week one of crazy traveling for championships ended on Sunday and I didn't end up getting in a single workout at all last week - there were just so many other things going on that I didn't even have time to think about a workout.  I'm feeling pretty crummy and decided that I was going to get in my run today - it was the least I could do.  I'm in Tucson, Arizona for my men's golf championship - my favorite championship of the year.  I got into town earlier today and didn't have much going on so I was definitely going to get the run in!  I was so excited to do it this afternoon until I remembered that it was 90 degrees out!  We're going to be dealing with some extremely hot temps this week - mid to high 90s all week - which puts a serious damper on my outdoor workout schedule.  I waited until around 7:30pm to start my 30 minute run.  Sounded so good in theory since temps were back down around 70, but I didn't take the darkness into account.  I started out on a run, got a bit lost on the trail around the resort, was super hot and ran out of sunlight.  I probably got in 20-25 minutes and I'm guessing around 2 miles but it certainly wasn't pretty.  I've spoiled myself lately by only running indoors on the treadmill.  Getting out into the elements today reminded me how much harder it is and how much I needed to do it more often.  I really hope that I'm able to get in a few more workouts this week - it's going to be tough but I'm determined!

Daily Running Miles: 2
Total Running Miles: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment