Tuesday, June 21, 2011

No Oreos...

Well, I learned a very valuable lesson today ... oreos are not an appropriate lunch ... or fuel for running!  Don't ask why I had a sleeve of oreos for lunch today because honestly, I don't know why I did it - I should know much better than that!  I was just feeling kind of funky and didn't have anything better.  Regardless, the lack of a decent lunch was apparent when I tried to do my run workout after work.  It was a bit of a speed workout combined with a timed mile.  I couldn't do it ... I literally had no energy and was not able to run more than a half mile.  I wish I could attribute some of this to the fact that I haven't run in a few weeks but I need to be honest with the fact that it was simply because I ate crappy today.  I managed to walk for the full 45 minutes but was disappointed that I didn't do the real workout.  To make matters worse, I started to feel pretty crummy and didn't even attempt my swim workout of the day.  Lesson learned, I promise!

Daily Run Miles: 2.5
Total Run Miles: 20.5

No comments:

Post a Comment