There's nothing better than the feeling of your friends and family rallying around a cause that you support - it truly makes all the difference. For the last few summers, mom has participated in the Swim Across The Sound and needed to raise money for her and her team. Being the creative one she is, she started throwing a margarita party as a fundraiser. $20 gets you in for unlimited drinks and she's has various friends/teammates purchase the booze and bring food. I believe she's made upwards of $1,000 the past few years.
Although we're not actually fundraising to participate in this race, mom and I still wanted to continue the margarita party tradition so that we could make a large donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society on behalf of Aunt Goofy. As always, the friends, co-workers, and family rallied around our cause and came out to support. My best friend Steve served as our bartender (yes, he's amazing!) and mom and I cooked up a storm of snacks for everyone to enjoy during the night. After a long, and absolutely amazing night, we had raised close to $650. I honestly cannot be prouder and thankful for everyone that came out!
No comments:
Post a Comment