Monday, March 21, 2011

Getting Back on the Bike Hurts

I love being on a bike.  I've been a sucker for spin classes over the years.  Haven't spent much time as I would like on a bike outside but that's going to change.  My absolutely least favorite part of being on a bike ... the sore butt!  Even with my padded bike shorts, my butt still hurts from sitting on that tiny little seat for an hour or longer!  My bike workout of the day focused on spin ups.  A few minutes of relatively easy warm up spinning followed by 2-10 minute spin-up drills.  After each minute, you increase your rpm (rounds per minute) by 5 until you're basically sprinting at the end.  It's a great drill that really forces you to push yourself at the end and work through bring tired and in pain.  Even though I definitely had the sore butt for a few days after, I'm really glad to be back on the bike.  Now I just need to get my real bike fixed and get the guts to get back outside!!  Have I mentioned that I'm afraid of biking near cars?!

Total Biking Distance: 11 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment