Friday, March 25, 2011

Slowly Starting To Run Again

Before I started training for my half marathon, I was never a runner.  Maybe it was the fact that I had 5 knee surgeries over the years, maybe it was the fact that it was never part of my routine.  Regardless, I hated running.  Over the course of a few months of training, I really learned to love it.  I wasn't quite to the point that I HAD to run on a daily basis or I would feel crummy, but I certainly did like the feeling of a good run.  When I stopped running last year due to my shin splints/stress fractures, I felt miserable.  I'm certainly excited to get back into running mode but know that it's going to be a struggle to start again.  Doesn't help that I still have some shin pain - I'm just going to have to run through it and minimize the pain as much as possible.  It felt really good to run today.  Sure, I "ran" after working out with my trainer for an hour but I still felt pretty strong while doing so.  Started off with a good walking warm up and did a run-walk of 1 minute each for 30 minutes.  I know that my endurance isn't quite up to where it needs to be so the run-walk method was definitely the best way to start running.  Now, if only I could perfect my running playlist so I don't have to shuffle through songs manually while running, I'll be golden!!

Total Running Distance: 3miles

No comments:

Post a Comment