Sunday, July 24, 2011

Brick!

I finally did my first brick!  Don't ask my why biking and running after one another is called a brick but that's the term and I'm going to stick with it.  After swimming in the morning, I was busy most of the day but was determined to get this workout done.  I didn't start until close to 8pm and because of this, I had to do it at the gym.  Sitting on a stationary bike for 90 minutes is nothing short than miserable!  I couldn't get comfortable on the bike seat, one of the pedals was missing the strap and it was just tough.  My left hip flexor was pretty sore for a good portion of the ride but I was determined to work though it and I did.  All in all, I probably didn't bike as hard/fast as I could have but I did finish the whole thing.  After finishing up the bike, I went right over to the treadmill.  I only had to run for 15 minutes and after taking a minute to get into my stride, I was able to run for the entire time.  I was half expecting to be a bit more tired and struggle more with the run after being sore on the bike but I felt good.  Finished up the 15 minute run with a 5 minute walk to cool down and I was done with my night!  I'm not sure that I loved working out until after 10pm on a Sunday night but I was really proud of the fact that I finished the entire workout! 

Daily Biking Miles: 18
Total Biking Miles: 162

Daily Running Miles: 1.5
Total Running Miles: 25

No comments:

Post a Comment