Monday, July 25, 2011

Hurts So Good


I've been having a bit of tenderness in my hip flexors for a while now and I'm really worried that they're going to act up more as I get closer to race day.  Yesterday's long bike reminded me how sore they were so I knew it was time to use my least favorite (but most effective) training tool ... the foam roller.  It seems like such a simple piece of equipment, and it really is, but it's so helpful.  Rolling around on the roller with it positioned on various muscle groups helps stretch them and work out any kinks that are causing pain.  I will admit that this can be one of the most painful activities to do!  There's something about the foam that just digs into your muscles and it's very tender.  I knew that I needed to suffer through a bit of foam pain to avoid more long lasting hip flexor pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment