Monday, July 18, 2011

Triple Duty Workout Day!

Tonight was another 3-in-1 workout days!  While I still feel pretty good and accomplished for getting all of them done, my body is definitely a bit tired after today!

Started off the evening with a training session with Keren.  Knowing I had a full night of workouts ahead of me, I convinced her to give me a full body workout rather than targeting a specific muscle group again.  I thought this worked really well last week and wanted to give it a try again.  While the workout was definitely full body, it was very leg heavy.  Generally I LOVE leg days but this was a bit tough before 2 hours of a cardio workout.  I also noticed that my left leg was feeling a bit weaker than my right and was a bit tender when doing skater squats.  Guess I'll need to keep an eye on that.

Left Keren's gym and went right to 24 Hour.  I normally spin on Monday nights with Jessie and without even looking at my calendar last week, I signed up for class.  Had I looked ahead, I would have noticed that today was actually a swim day (not sure why) but I didn't want to bail on class so I did it anyways.  It was a good spin class.  Nothing to write home about although I did notice the left knee being a bit sore.  I laid off some of the intensity at the end of the ride to give it a bit of rest and it seemed to be okay.

After a very hot and sweaty spin class (you think they would figure out a way to get air conditioning in the room, especially when it's 95 degrees outside!), I jumped right in the pool.  The workout of the day was 14 x 50 yards.  I wanted to test out the knee before I got too far so I did a 50 yard swim with just the kick board, and decided to do the same thing at the end of my workout for a "cool down".  The cold water felt good on the leg and it didn't bother me at all.  I'm also working on using my upper body more during the swims.  I read an articled earlier in the day that told me to focus on the upper body working so that you didn't kill your legs before the bike and the run - makes sense!  I found that I swam a bit stronger when I did this.  While I was certainly tired during the workout, I thought this was one of my best swims yet.  At no point did I feel like I was going to swallow a mouth full of water and drown!  Looks like I'm making some improvements!

After the swim, it felt so good to go home and crash on the couch!  I was smart to ice the knee a bit since I figured that it wouldn't hurt.  The legs are definitely a bit fatigued after today but I know that I have to push through it tomorrow.

Daily Biking Miles: 15
Total Biking Miles: 144

Daily Swimming Distance: 800 yards
Total Swimming Distance: 3,650 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment