Thursday, July 7, 2011

Double Duty Day!

Today was the first day that I did my double workout of running and swimming.  Having my friend Jessie around and doing things with me definitely helps a bit.  We met at the gym and started off with the run.  I was still a bit tired (it was a crummy, rainy day and I didn't have much energy) and I didn't want to wipe out the little bit of energy I had before the swim so we ended up power walking the entire time.  45 minutes late, we had hit the 3 mile mark and were done. 

Then came the "dreaded" swim.  I knew that there was no way I was going to be able to do the workout that our coach had put together for us (my swimming just isn't there) so I modified it a bit to look like this:
     3x100 mixed strokes (warm-up)
     4x50 upper body drill
     4x50 mixed strokes
     4x50 kicking drill
     4x50 mixed strokes

All in all, I swam 1100 yards, which is the equivalent of .62 miles.  Not sure how long I ended up swimming for since I stopped a ton but it was all about getting the workout in.  I wish I had been able to swim a bit more but I was truly wiped out.  I know that I struggle with the swimming but I'm determined to focus on that so I can get better at this!  I do have to admit that the best part of my swim tonight was texting mom afterwards to tell her what I did and she replied "you go girl!".  I know she's been nervous about my lack of swimming skills but I'm determined to make her proud!

Daily Run Miles: 3
Total Run Miles: 23.5

Daily Swimming Distance: 1,110 yards
Total Swimming Distance: 2,150 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment