Sunday, July 24, 2011

Straight Swim!

First of all, I missed my swim workout yesterday but in an effort to not miss swim workouts, I made it up today.  I had originally planned on doing my 2-hour brick workout before church this morning but I didn't wake up early enough.  I did have time to get my swim workout done and I'm glad that I did.  It was the first time that I've attempted to swim straight for this long and I was a bit nervous.  However, I did get the whole thing done and only had to switch to backstroke twice quickly to catch my breath.  I'm really proud of the fact that I didn't stop at all and I was able to do the full thing.  It was definitely nice to be in the pool alone so I could focus on my swim rather that think about what others were doing.  I only have to do this 2 and a half more times straight and I'll be at the distance for the triathlon.  Actually, I take that back .. I don't want to think about that, I just want to focus on achieving this small milestone in my training!

Daily Swimming Distance: 500 yards
Total Swimming Distance: 4,750 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment