Saturday, September 3, 2011

Football and Running

After a busy day, I didn't make it to the gym until close to 8pm for my run.  I haven't run in about a week so I knew tonight was going to be a little painful.  However, I was smart enough to grab a treadmill in front of a television playing the Boise State - Georgia football game.  I love nothing more than to have a sporting event on the tv so it can distract me from the pain I'm experiencing when running.  Unfortunately, I learned that I probably can't watch a game I'm so invested in - I looked very silly clapping and fist pumping in response to the fact that Boise State was kicking Georgia's butt.  Anyways, I continued with my 2 minute run / 2 minute walk plan since that's what I'll be using on race day due to the knee.  I made it through the first 2 miles in 30 minutes - right on pace.  The knee was sore so I tried to increase my walking speed to 4.0mph - a little faster than my normal 3.5mph but slower than my running speed of 4.5mph.  I was hoping that the walk would be a little easier on my knee and I could keep up that faster speed for longer but I was wrong.  The speed walk was actually a little harder - I just couldn't seem to get the right pace down.  I kept it up for the rest of the 30 minute workout and still managed to finish 2.2 miles, although I was pretty sore.  Thankfully, the football game ended at the same time as my workout so I got to enjoy the rest of the game and stay occupied :)

Daily Running Miles: 4.2
Total Running Miles: 43.3

No comments:

Post a Comment