Thursday, September 15, 2011

Now What?

After six months of receiving emails on a daily basis outlining our training plan for the day, I received one today that caught me off guard ...

How is it possible that I have nothing to do today?!  I've been working my tail off for months and now I have nothing to do.  It's very weird.  I know that part of the training process is dealing with the aftermath of not having any training but it was weird when it actually happened today.  I purposely planned on taking some days off from any sorts of working out to allow my knee to heal as much as possible until the doctor tells me what's going on when I see him on Monday.  I just wasn't expecting my training program to tell me to do nothing. 

It's time for me to pick another goal, another challenge, something to work towards.  While I plan on competing in other triathlons, I'll probably wait until next summer.  I shouldn't be running anymore on the injured knee so I can't even train for another running race this fall.  I need to take some time and figure out what that next steps are going to be.  I'm definitely looking forward to a new challenge .. and maybe even enjoying a little bit of rest in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment