Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Official Results

We received an email today with the official race results from this weekend.  We did receive a print out after the race with everything but I don't consider it official until it's on the website.  Here are our final results:

                 Dawn                         Mom
T1               1:50                           3:24
Bike        1:40:01                      1:31:44
T2               2:57                           6:47
Run         1:24:26                      1:19:17
Total       3:09:15                      3:01:11

Yes, it's official, Mom beat me!  The "old lady" beat the "young girl" in the race.  She will forever have bragging rights for this race.  I will continue to challenge her to a re-do during a full triathlon .. hopefully next summer! 

While I'm still super proud of myself for finishing the race, especially with the injury, I was slightly disappointed when I saw the overall results and how I finished compared to everyone else:
     Age group (25-29 females): 311 of 332
     Gender: 1367 of 1456 (Mom finished 1306)
     Overall: 3758 of 3879 (Mom finished 3699)

Although, at the end of the day, I need to reminding myself that Mom and I were completely okay with finishing last, as long as we finished, and that's true.  I am proud of that.  I'm proud of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment