Sunday, August 21, 2011
Day Off
My plan today was to head out for a "run". I use run as a very loose term right since since I'm hardly doing any real running with my knee right now. Yesterday's attempt at running was very discouraging. I expected to have some pain while running but I was not expecting it to be as bad as it was. I was very upset that I had a hard time getting through .75 miles. How am I ever going to get through 6.2?! I'm determined to not quite give up on the race yet so I wanted to see exactly how long it would take me to get though 6.2 miles, whether I was running, walking or even crawling (okay, maybe not crawling). I had planned on going to the gym today to test it out but after a busy day, I was a bit sore by the time I had planned on going to the gym. I'm going to try really hard to not completely kill my knee before the race so in an effort to give it a bit of rest and TLC, I voted against doing this "test" tonight. I know that I have a few weeks to see what I'm capable of so I didn't want to force it tonight. There's always tomorrow ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment