Sunday, August 7, 2011
Focus On The Swim
I didn't get the chance to do my swim workout yesterday but I made sure to fit it into my schedule this morning before church. These morning swims that I've been doing are very relaxing. It's nice to not have anything to worry about except my breathing and arm strokes. Since I'm in the water, I can't use my ipod and I'm not distracted with any music or trying to find a more motivating song, like I frequently do when I'm on the bike or running. I find myself using a lot of self-motivating talk and really focusing in on my mechanics. I have to admit that it's kind of nice, especially early in the morning on a Sunday before I'm getting ready for church and reflecting.
To focus on my workout, it was a workout that I hadn't specifically done before but I know I've done the distance so I wasn't quite worried. Started off with 10 x 50 yard intervals with 15 seconds recovery between each one. I'm getting really good at sticking with the 15 second recovery and not extending it to 20-30 seconds as I've done in the past. After completing the first half, I was treated with a 2 minute break before doing the whole thing over again. I've really settled into a good pace with 50 yard intervals that I believe will work really well for me over an even longer distance on race day.
Daily Swimming Distance: 1,000 yards
Total Swimming Distance: 7,550 yards
In case anyone needed a conversion, my total swimming distance is about 4.3 miles total.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment