I learned very quickly today that there's nothing worse than swimming indoors at a pool that is having issues with balancing chemicals! The pool at the gym has had some issues for the past few days so I was greeted with heavily chlorinated water and terrible air quality! I kept thinking to myself that I've gotten really spoiled swimming inside at a calm pool as opposed to open water but I would have really loved the fresh air today .. and would have taken the waves/current to get it! Today was already going to be a tough workout - 5 x 200yard intervals so the other factors hurt me a bit. I've settled in really well into swimming 50 and 100 yards intervals but this is the first time I've had to jump up to a farther distance (pathetic, I know). I wish I could say that I transitioned to the longer distance a lot better than I actually did. I struggled but there was so much going on in my head, I was having trouble breathing air, my upper body was sore from yesterday's workout, etc. I finished the workout before the swim class after me started (barely!) so I finished it but was definitely glad when I was done!! I'm definitely looking forward to the next swim when I can redeem myself.
Daily Swimming Yardage: 1,000
Total Swimming Yardage: 8,550
No comments:
Post a Comment