Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Night of Two's


Tonight's theme ended up being the number "2".  As always on Tuesday, I started off in the pool for my swim.  It had been a few days since I swam last so as always, it was a bit tough to get started.  I swam two 50-yard intervals to get going and then stepped it up to two 100-yard intervals.  In an effort to work on swimming longer distances since the race is next week, I then swam two 200-yard intervals, followed by two 400-yard (quarter mile) intervals.  I felt very good during these longer distances and was confident after each one that I could have kept swimming, if necessary.  In an effort to hit the 1600-yard mark (race distance), I cooled down with a 100-yard swim.  All in all, I was feeling pretty good.

My plan was to get right on the treadmill to test out my run.  After being so sore last week, I really limited (basically cut out) my running workouts so I could focus on other events.  I was going to continue with my two minute run/two minute walk intervals since that seemed to work well for my knee last week.  However, I was distracted by two friends that happened to stop by my house and were calling/texting to tell me to come home and visit.  It had been a while since I had seen them so unfortunately, I was easily convinced to leave.  In retrospect, I wish I had stayed but at least I spared my knee some pain for another day!

Daily Swimming Yardage: 1,600
Total Swimming Yardage: 14,700

No comments:

Post a Comment