Friday, August 26, 2011

Winning

"Winning has nothing to do with racing. Most days don't have races anyway. Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up." - Amby Burfoot, The Runner's Guide to the Meaning of Life
I think this triathlon has truly taught me the importance of not giving up.  I've faced a few challenges over the last few months, and I know mom and I have both had our share of stress out moments and wondering if we'd really be able to finish this race.  I think this quote (that ironically popped up on my email this morning) really sums it all up - we have not given up.  We are still pushing through our self doubts, my injury, etc.  We have gotten over our training fears and have a very positive attitude about the race right now.  Regardless of what happens, we're are going to be winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment