... that I have new goggles! Wow, what a different a good pair of goggles makes in your swimming!
I was on a bit of a new equipment kick yesterday. I took my bike into Josh at the bike shop to repair a flat tire and pick up a few things that I would need for the race. Found out that I needed a few more tweaks to the bike than I thought but I'm so thankful that Josh is a good friend and is going to take care of everything for me.
After getting situated with the bike, I headed over to the Sports Authority next to the gym before my swim. I've been struggling lately with my goggles fogging up during my swim and always needing to adjust them so I figured it was time to get a new pair. I had absolutely no idea what I was looking for or what was going to be good for me but I'm fairly confident I picked out a good pair. I also ended up getting a sham towel - one of those towels that's very absorbent and quickly dries out. I thought this would be a really good addition to my race day equipment to help dry me off after getting out of the water. There would be nothing worse than putting on shoes when my feet are still wet!
Anyways, I finally made my way over to the gym and got into the pool. My workout of the day was 3 x (8 x 50 yards). I've done the 8 x 50 yard interval workouts before and felt confident that I could handle doing 3 of them today. Using my new goggles were amazing! They never fogged up or leaked .. in fact, I left them on my face during my breaks unlike the past where I would have to taken them off and de-fog them. The new goggles really made a big difference - I'm so happy with them. I was feeling really good throughout the entire workout. Midway through my third set, I thought about swimming a fourth set to see if I could get through an entire mile but decided against it at the last minute after swimming an additional 100 yards. I have to say that this was one of my best swim workouts yet and came at the perfect time to boost my confidence!
Daily Swimming Yardage: 1,300
Total Swimming Yardage: 11,350 (almost 6.5 miles)

No comments:
Post a Comment